Welcome! By volunteering with the City of Gainesville’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department, you become part of a dedicated team who know that your energy, time and skills enable us to further our mission to provide and maintain the natural, recreational and cultural facilities and programs that make Gainesville a great place to live, work and visit, and that help sustain the City economically, socially and environmentally.
Each year, our dedicated volunteers contribute hundreds of hours of their time to:
- Coach youth sports
- Provide most of the interpretive effort for Living History Saturday at Morningside Nature Center’s Living History Farm
- Support day-to-day operations at Ironwood Golf Course
- Clean up our natural areas and creeks
- Assist with our truly SPECIAL events and projects
Without them, we couldn’t do what we do.
Interested in volunteering?
- Fill out and email an Intern/Volunteer Application to Gary Paul (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We will review your application and contact you to discuss options
- Questions? Contact Gary Paul or call (352) 393-8527
- Specific training is provided for your assignments
We hope to see you soon!
Nature Centers Commission STAR Volunteer Awards
The Nature Centers Commission is a volunteer citizen’s advisory board whose members are appointed by the City Commission to assist it in administering the nature parks.
Citizens of Gainesville, it is that time of year when the Nature Centers Commission is requesting nominees for the STAR Awards. One award for each of the three categories of Star Volunteer, Good Neighbor, and Green Business will be given. Please click here to view the announcement and download the nomination form. Nominations are due by December 9, 2011 for service provided between October 1, 2010 through September 30, 2011. If there are any questions, please call staff at 352-393-8182.