The goals and objectives of the Learning & Development division are to:
- Identify learning opportunities, then develop and implement solutions that support the vision, mission and strategic plans of the City of Gainesville.
- Serve as a strategic partner, along with the other HR/OD divisions, to enhance individual and organizational performance.
- Manage, coordinate and update the tuition reimbursement program.
Other Services Offered:
- Oversight of Gainesville Corporate University (GCU)
- Partnership with management to identify performance issues
- Organization and department specific training program design and implementation
- Track individual and department training records for city-offered programs
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Career guidance
- Train-the-Trainer programs
- Progression-through-Training (PTT) assistance