The City of Gainesville is committed to economic development. The city has implemented a cross-departmental approach to economic development with staff in various departments working to nurture and grow local enterprises, expand and diversify the existing economic base, and attract new business entities to the community
Read the City of Gainesville Economic Development Strategic/Action Plan
GAINESVILLE COMMUNITY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY (CRA)
The Gainesville Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) is responsible for economic development within the city’s urban core in its four redevelopment areas.
The CRA can assist you with the following:
• Financing programs, including business loans and façade grants
• Gainesville Enterprise Zone Program
• Gainesville Technology Enterprise Center (GTEC)
• Site selection assistance in redevelopment districts (including Innovation Square and the Power District)
For redevelopment assistance, contact the Community Redevelopment Agency:
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Planning and Development Services works to create a dynamic, attractive and economically healthy city that is safe, diverse and livable for all.
Planning & Development Services can assist you with the following:
• Airport Industrial Park
• Gainesville’s planning, permitting and building inspection process.
• Regulatory issues pertaining to Innovation Square
For assistance with land use, zoning and other planning issues, contact the Planning Department:
For assistance with permits and building inspections, contact the Building Inspection Department:
OTHER LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AGENCIES:
Gainesville Council for Economic Outreach
Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce