Audits are conducted in accordance with applicable Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States.
Internal controls are reviewed to determine whether policies, procedures, practices, and organizational structures designed by management provide reasonable assurance that organizational goals and objectives will be achieved and that undesired events will be prevented or detected and corrected in a timely manner.
What We Do:
- Develop an annual audit plan for oversight of select City departments and programs with input from the City Commission, Audit Committee members, Appointed Officials, and City management
- Review organizational processes, accounting and financial processes, and other operations and goals of the City
- Provide assistance and guidance in the development of performance measures, standards, and procedures for the evaluation of City programs
- Provide technical advice to the City Commission and City management
- Evaluate risk, analyze operations, review compliance, and recommend controls and changes that promote economical efficiency and effective delivery of City services
- Report on the progress made in correcting operational deficiencies
- Oversee the City’s contract with external auditors required by Charter to conduct an annual financial audit
- Conduct special projects and inquiries as directed by the City Commission
- Report to the Audit, Finance & Legislative Committee and to the City Commission the activities of the City Auditor